Last Updated 9/28/11
We have the right to suspend or terminate your membership or otherwise ban your access to and participation in our Website if you behave in any way that we consider inappropriate, unlawful, or illegal or that otherwise violates these Community Guidelines.
- You agree not to post messages, photographs, sound recordings, video clips, text files, or any other information or media, or otherwise participate in our Website in any way that is fraudulent, unlawful, or that violates another person’s rights. This includes activities like copyright or trademark infringement, defamation, and violation of someone’s right to privacy or publicity.
- You will not use our Website to distribute or upload malware, including viruses, Trojan horses, phishing spam, or adware, or to do anything else that might cause harm to anyone’s computer systems or data. You may not use our Website as a way to collect or hoard personal information about our Members.
- You may not solicit or advertise for your or anyone else’s profit anywhere in our Website, except that, when you contribute a blog, you may provide a short (less than 10% of the blog’s word content) writer’s profile at the end of the blog that may refer to your business and include a link to your member profile and a single internet link. If your business or employer is eligible to be a Sponsor, you must instead participate as a Sponsor (and agree to Sponsor Guidelines) or have specific written permission to post a blog with any business reference in the writer’s profile or blog.
- In your Member profile, you may indicate anything about you and the business you own or are employed by, whether you are employed by a Sponsor or not, as long as doing so doesn’t violate any of these guidelines or reference another’s business. You may include one link in your profile.
- When posting a comment or other Content to our Website post it only in one place, the most appropriate place. Multiple postings of comments is annoying and considered spam.
- In your Member signature, you may reference your business or your employer.
- Your avatar may be a personal likeness or some symbol or creature, but it cannot be a business logo or reference.
- You will not use this Website for harassment or offensive behavior, such as posting libelous, slanderous, abusive, or defamatory content or racist, pornographic, obscene, threatening, or offensive language.
- You will not modify, sell, reverse-engineer, decompile, or disassemble any part of our Website, software, products or cause or help others to do so.
- You will not impersonate any person or entity or falsify or delete author attributions when participating in the Community.
- You may post links to our Website on third-party websites, but will not otherwise frame, embed, link to, or mirror any part of our Web site without our prior express written consent.
- You will not use metatags or any other software mechanisms or third-party services that refer to our Website or direct Internet users to or from our site for any purpose.
- You will not use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, search-optimization tools, adwords, or other manual or automatic device or process to retrieve, index, data mine, or otherwise reproduce or circumvent the navigational structure or presentation of our Website or its contents.
- You will not forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any information transmitted to, from, or through our Website.
- You will not remove any copyright, trademark, or other notices of legal or property rights posted on our Website or embedded within the source code of our Website, Service, other software, or other product offerings.
- You will not interfere with or disrupt the normal operation of our Website or participate in unauthorized access to our servers or networks. This includes activities that impose an unreasonably or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure.
- You will not state or imply, even through silence or omission, that any statements you make are endorsed by OEIC or our Website without our specific prior written consent.
- If we require registration information from you, you will provide us with true, accurate, current, and complete data and will promptly update that information if it changes.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your personal account information and password. You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
- You agree to use our blogs, forums, member & sponsor messaging, testimonials, comments, ratings, etc. only as appropriate and when related to the particular location you are posting.
- Our Website is for personal, individual use only. Any illegal or unauthorized commercial use of this site or any activity that interferes with other Members’ ability to participate in our Website that is not mentioned elsewhere in these Guidelines may result in immediate termination of your membership and the possibility of additional legal action.
Webpage 3 of 6